Protecting your 🔒privacy🔒 and in particular your personal data is of utmost importance for us.
- Information about your Data Controller.
- The kind of data we collect for you.
- The purpose of collecting and processing your personal data and the legitimate basis for processing.
- The security measures we take in order to protect your personal data.
- The retention period of your data.
- Information about your rights and how you can access them.
Information we collect
“Personal data” is any information that can be used in order to identify a natural person. We collect such information when you use, or interact with it through our website. Specifically:
- If you visit our website, our official social media accounts or if you open a member account.
Initially, via the contact form of our e-shop, in order to process any of your requests or answer to questions about our products and the general operation of the e-shop, you will be asked to register your name and e-mail address. When communicating with us in the Company’s social media (Facebook, Instagram, etc.), you provide us with your personal information, or transaction details, which may be used on a case-by-case basis only to process your request.
While browsing our online store, you may be asked to submit some personal details (e.g. full name, email address, contact number, etc.) in order to ensure that you will take advantage of certain benefits. For example, when you consent to promotional communication (newsletter) and updates on our activities.
Moreover, when creating a personal account through our website, it is necessary to enter your name and surname, your e-mail, a contact number, a username and a password.
- If you are a customer or prospective customer.
First of all, in order to proceed to a transaction you have to provide us with your personal information. When submitting your online order, you must provide us with your full name, shipping address, contact number (or any phone number you want in order to contact you), e-mail address. Furthermore, in case that you request an invoice we need your VAT and your Tax Office in order to complete your purchase.
SocksInCase collects the above data when you use our online store (e-shop) to make your purchases and through the conclusion of a product sale contract.
SocksInCase applies the appropriate technical and organisational measures are applied to ensure the appropriate level of security of your data against accidental or unlawful destruction, accidental loss, alteration, unauthorised disclosure or access or any unauthorised form of processing.
Specifically, secure transactions are ensured by use of a credit/debit card: our online store accepts Mastercard, American Express, Visa & Maestro type credit/debit cards. Your transactions are protected by the online security system SSL (Security Certificate & SSL Technology), its confirmation is achieved using the 3D Secure Network system by VISA and MASTERCARD.
All card payments are processed through the Eurobank e-Commerce service in the electronic environment of EUROBANK Bank, which fully supports the 3D Secure security protocol that secures the online card payments and uses the cryptographic protocol TLS (Transport Layer Security). Your personal data are protected by a high level encryption technology SSL (Secure Socket Layer), offering 256-bit encrypted communication.
Encryption is a way of coding information until it reaches its recipient, who shall be able to decode it using the appropriate key.
In order to reduce the risk of fraud during the electronic transactions, we apply the Strong Customer Authentication – SCA.
Our online store does not collect or store your credit card details in any way, thus you need to re- enter them each time you use your credit card for transactions through our website.
SocksInCase gives you the opportunity, if you wish, to receive advertising or/and informative messages to your e-mail address. In this case, you will be informed about the purpose of data processing and before the collection of your personal data, we will ask for your consent.
In case you become our customer, SocksInCase would like to inform you that it may process customer data that has been provided to us during a purchase or any other transaction for direct commercial communication on relevant products or purposes. In particular, we may process your e-mail in order to send your emails regarding our promotional activities, provided that you agree receiving such commercial communication. In such a case you may require this communication to be stopped (opt-out), by pressing the “unsubscribe” button in the relevant email or by contacting us otherwise.
Data collection by automated means
Furthermore, when you interact with our website, we also collect certain data from your device or the web browser you use by automated means (“cookies”). By using cookies and other similar technologies we collect data about the devices through which you visit our Website, for example the Internet Protocol (IP) address, sign up details, type and version of your browser, operating system and platform and other technology on the devices used to access our website, etc., data about the page from which you signed up and the page you visited when you left.
For more information on how we use your “cookies” and your options, please click here.
Information concerning minors
Our website and services are not intended for minors (aged under 15 years). We do not collect personal data from minors under the 15 years of age without the consent of a parent or a guardian. In any case, we delete any personal information submitted by minors aged under 13. If you are a parent or a guardian of a child under 13 and you are worried that your child may have provided us with personal details, please contact us at our e-mail:
Why do we use your personal data?
We use your data in order to:
- contact you about issues related to the sales of our products to you
- receive your orders, process them, and ship the products to you
- manage, handle and process your payments, including the security of our financial transaction and issue of invoice
- handle any complaints you may have
- serve you as a Member by opening an Account with us
- create, keep, maintain and analyze a clientele database
- have commercial communication through newsletters, SMS, or other multimedia (VIBER) regarding our company news, products, offers, and promotions
- understand and analyse the results of our ads and promotional activities
- handle your requests, such as withdrawal etc.
- enforce your rights regarding your personal data
- secure your transactions
- analyse and improve business activities, such as marketing and optimising our products, streamlining your experience and service in our Online Store, as well as update your experience in our Online Store
- carry out market research, statistical analyzes, marketing strategies, as well as manage marketing campaigns; inform you about potential opportunities to participate in marketing or promotional initiatives;
- detect, prevent and deal with fraud or other illegal activities
- protect our or any third parties’ rights and assets
Other purposes: we may use your data in other ways. In such a case, we shall promptly notify you when collecting the data, while we shall make sure we have your consent, where required, before processing.
To fulfill these objectives, we shall collect and process only the data that are compatible with the purpose of processing.
Who are your personal data transferred to?
The personal data collected may be transferred to third parties. More specifically:
- To any competent supervisory, public or judicial authority, where the applicable legal framework or a court decision so requires.
- To other cooperating third parties, entrusted with processing on our behalf and committed to providing an equivalent level of data protection, such as law firms, business consulting firms, accountants, advertising companies, IT product suppliers and/or service providers and/or support service providers of all kinds of computer-based information systems or electronic systems and networks, courier service companies, etc.
We do not transfer your personal data to third parties outside the European Union in countries that do not offer an adequate level of data protection. However, in the case that such data transfer is required, we will take all possible measures to safeguard your data, e.g. using Standard Contractual Clauses, SCC adopted by the Commission.
Legal basis for the processing of your personal data
Processing of your data has the following four legal bases:
- Execution of a contract: when data processing is essential in order to fulfill our obligations pursuant to a contract.
- Legal Obligation: when data processing is necessary so that we can comply with obligations established by the law, such as maintaining financial data of transactions for tax purposes, or providing information to a public body or law enforcement authority.
- Legitimate interest: we may process your data when we have a legitimate interest in carrying out a lawful activity in order to ensure the continuity of such activity, provided that it does not override your interests.
- Your consent: we may occasionally ask for specific authorisation in order to process some of your personal data. Processing of your data may be carried out only after you give us your explicit and informed consent. You may withdraw your consent at any time, with no retroactive effect, by contacting us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
According the Regulation (EU) 2016/679 of the European Parliament and of the Council of 27th April 2016 on the protection of natural persons with regard to the processing of personal data and on the free movement of such data (General Data Protection Regulation) your rights are the following:
- Right to access to your personal data we process.
- Right to correct your incomplete or inaccurate data that we hold.
- Right to delete your personal data.
- Right to limitate your data processing.
- Right to data portability to you or to third parties. You may have the right to receive your personal data in a structured, commonly used and machine-readable format, as well as legally forward it, under the conditions authorized by the law, to another data controller as long as it does not adversely affect the rights and freedoms of others (only for the automated processing of information that you consented to provide us or for the execution of the contract between us.)
- Right to object at any time, to processing of your personal data. We may not satisfy this right of yours if the controller demonstrates compelling legitimate grounds for the processing which override your interests, rights and freedoms or for the establishment, exercise or defense of legal claims.
- Right to lodge a complaint at the Personal Data Protection Authority (www.dpa.gr), in the case that you consider that your rights are violated in any way (right to lodge a complaint at the Authority). Postal address: Kifissias Avenue 1-3, P.C. 115 23, Athens, call center: +30 2106475600, email: email@example.com.
For further information, as well as for the exercise of the above rights, please contact us in writing at the email address: firstname.lastname@example.org. Normally, your request will be granted within a month of receipt. Information, notifications and all actions taken under the Greek Articles 15 to 22 and 34 of the GDPR, are provided free of charge.
Personal Data Security and Retention
Your personal data will be retained only for the time required for the purposes of processing, i.e. for the duration of our contract, your consent, our legal obligations (such as compliance for tax purposes) and our legal interest in each case.
The procedure of personal data processing is carried out in a way that ensures its confidentiality. Appropriate technical and organisational measures are applied to ensure the appropriate level of security of your data against accidental or unlawful destruction, accidental loss, alteration, unauthorised disclosure or access or any unauthorised form of processing.
The data provided are protected by appropriate information security techniques to ensure both their secure transmission via the internet and their secure storage in Information Systems. For your safe navigation in our online store (e-shop), as well as for the security of your transactions, the Company takes all appropriate measures by adopting modern, high quality security standards according to market trends, such as the high level encryption technology SSL (Secure Socket Layer), enabled during the input of sensitive personal data, offering 256-bit encrypted communication.
All third parties who may receive your personal data are required to have all the appropriate technical and operational security measures in place to protect your personal data, in accordance with Greek and EU legislation on data protection.
Special Data Categories
You are kindly requested not to disclose your banking details, or any sensitive personal data via e-mail. In no way shall the processing of such data serve the purposes of processing, as set out above.
Our website contains links to other websites. This privacy statement on the protection of personal data shall not apply with regard to access of users to other websites. Please refer to the privacy policies of these websites for more information on how they handle your data.
- We would like to inform you that this policy may change from time to time. In such cases, you shall be informed through push-notifications on our site.
- If there are any substantial changes to your data processing, you shall receive prior notice or –where required- you shall be asked for your consent before the new policy is implemented.
For any queries or comments regarding this Policy, as well as the practices we follow, please do not hesitate to contact us at our email address: email@example.com.